Sunday, September 11, 2011

Edible Fruit Arrangement

I was co-hosting a baby shower recently and thought it would be fun to make an edible fruit arrangement.  I did look online at Edible Arrangements for inspiration.

I started with some green florist foam.


And trimmed it to fit in a wide mouth mason jar.


Then I wrapped the jar in brown paper (a cut up grocery sack)


like this.


We were celebrating a boy baby, so I blue ribbon it was.


I used pineapple, strawberries and red grapes.


I cut the outside off the pineapple and sliced it into 1/2 in thick slices, then cut them with a cookie cutter into star shapes.  Then put them carefully onto a bamboo skewer.  


You have to be careful that you don't poke your finger, because the skewers are very pointy and sharp.


 Next, I washed the grapes


and poked them onto the skewers in groups of 3-5.


I did the same for the strawberries, but they were just one to a skewer.  I left the stems on.  Also, be careful not to poke in too far.



I cut the skewers to the desired length with my garden pruning shears and them placed them in the foam prepared jar.

I think it turned out well.


And it was delicious!

No comments: