Monday, September 5, 2011

Adventures of city kids...the Fair!

Last Friday, we went to the Evergreen State Fair.  
We went on "Friday Food Bank Frenzy" day, so 21 cans of food got us all in.  We took Rez's good friend and my sister with us and met two of our other sisters and their families, including one set of in-laws.  We have a lot of fun together.  

We started out with lunch listening to the Navy band "Deception Pass".  (It was also armed forces day).
Harvey was really getting down to the music.






Carol's family had matching t-shirts.  In fact Neoma's family did too.  I think next year, we might have to get some.  



All the big kids wanted to do was go on the rides.  


They each had saved up to buy an unlimited ride wrist band.


I left Trip with the big kids and took the little ones to the kiddie rides. 


Harvey had a great time on the Wiggly Worm roller coaster, the big slide and the airplane ride.  
Thanks to my sisters who watched Zelda, so I could go on the rides with them.  

We next headed over to frontier village and got to see these amazing Aztec Indian dancers.




Later we went to the poultry show.  That is what I had been looking forward to.  There was this great egg chart


and some cute hens


and roosters.


Ones as colorful as this Phoenix make me wish we could keep a rooster.


One of my favorite looking hens are the frizzle cochins. 
Here is a white.


And a black.
There are so many fun breeds that I look forward to having chickens for many years so I can have them all.


The poultry barn closed for changing the birds, so we went back out to the rides.

 Mo loved the rides.  He would get off and run back again and again.


 Zelda was so excited to get out of the stroller.  She crawled around on the curb, playing in the mulch.


I looked over and she had found someone's cast off green gum.  Yuck.  Trip was proud of me for not taking the time to take a picture of it.


She also found an old cigarette butt, yuck :(  I think she is a yuck magnet.


Julius was trying to sneak into this ride.


Mo and Harvey were twins that day.



Nothing like riding with your brother.


Zelda, did not want to be strapped in again.


Tora was such a big help to me.  Thanks, Tora!


The three little boys wanted to go on the bear ride.



It was the ride that did Trip in.


This car was just Julius's speed.  He went on the airplane with Harvey and I earlier and spent the whole time with his eyes closed, because he wanted to get off.



Malachi, Daphne, Ocean and Rez spent all of their time on the carnival rides, except for when we made them come and check in with us and eat.  I didn't get any pictures of them, but they had a blast.  


We had a great time, but next year, I want to see the pig races.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey L, It's so good to see an update on your fam. It looks like you all are doing great! My youngest's name is Reagan. She just turned 2. We are moving in a couple weeks to a small town on the central coast. Kurt found a practice to buy in Atascadero, CA. Moving is no fun! But we are excited.