Monday, September 26, 2011

Adventures of City Kids...Rock Climbing

Once a month my family gets together on a Saturday just to spend time together and eat.  We call it FAT.  It stands for family activity time or some such thing, it changes depending on who you ask.  We really just wanted to call it FAT.   We take turns being in charge and we have a lot of fun.  

This month my sister invited us all to go rock climbing with her.  I gave the kids the choice of going camping with our church or going rock climbing with our family, since they conflicted times.  It was unanimous, rock climbing won.

Trip and the older kids had all been rock climbing before, but it was new to me.
 Zelda and Julius got to go to the kids zone and play.  
Harvey was too young to climb, but he wanted to watch us instead of being with Julius.  (He really just wanted to go swimming.)


We all had several turns climbing.  About 5-6 people could go at a time.  


I love the determined look on Daphne's face.  She was a great climber and made it to the top several times.


Rez, Trip and Daphne.  They make it look so easy!



Trip looks like a spider.


Rez and Ocean.


 This was my first time rock climbing.  I never did make it to the top.  I will have to try again.  The auto belay was fun, but a little scary the first time you let go of the wall way up in the air.  Also, you have to put your feet under you as you come to the ground or you end up sitting.


Mo was awesome.  He would climb up, ride down, climb up, ride down.  He looked like he just scampered up the wall.


 One of my sisters is on the left.


She made it to the top several times also.  Then she would have to come down and rub her arms and hands.





High fives for a successful climb!



Ocean hanging in the air.


She looks like a mountain climber.


Here I am trying again.  My kids put me to shame.


My other sister looks like she is out in the wilderness somewhere. 


Daphne at the top.


Can you tell who the mystery climber is?



Everyone had a great time!

3 comments:

R said...

What an awesome FAT! Our family is so cool. Those last two silhouette pictures are amazing. :-.)

Neoma said...

Thanks for documenting that. We had a good time. We'll have to go rock climbing more often. We'll have you up at the top in no time.

Maria Krieser said...

I want to go! Do it when I come some time!