Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Love Power Tools

I do.  I have so much fun with my miter saw and electric drill.  I recently got a dremmel.   We got our first power tools when we bought our first house.  My bother- in -law, tired of us borrowing his, I am sure, bought us a cordless drill.  That was fun.  When we fixed up our house to sell, we acquired more power tools.  A circular saw, a jig saw, a couple of sanders.  Then when we built our fence. 


 We bought a miter saw.  I love that saw.  We now have a new cordless drill, a corded drill, a reciprocating saw, a palm sander, a belt sander, as well as all the other tools listed above.  I have so much fun making things.  

Except last year, when we were finishing the pinewood derby cars.  All I can say is, don't hold a pinewood derby car in your hand while you are trying to drill a little weight out of it.

We ended up in the emergency room, with no feeling in my ring finger.  It turns out I had severed the nerve and had to have surgery to repair it.   I still love my power tools, just not pinewood derby cars.

The evil pinewood derby car.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Oh I remember that. Is it back to normal now?

Maria Krieser said...

Yeah, how is the finger these days? And just so you know, you are my inspiration.

L said...

My finger has a crazy looking scar on it. I have most of the feeling back in the tip. But down the side, I is hard to describe how it feels, it is hyper sensitive and dulled at the same time. But it is fully functional and doesn't slow me down at all. Our bodies are amazing!