Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FHE Games - Penny in the Flour

On Monday nights we have family home evening.  We have a little meeting with songs and prayers, a short gospel or other (something we need work on) lesson and then a game.  The game was always my favorite growing up and it is my kids favorite now.  We have some great games.

Penny in the Flour is one we played growing up.
First you pack a cup with flour and turn it out onto a plate, so you have a moulded cup of flour on the plate.    Then you place a penny on the top.  The object of the game is to slice away the flour without making the penny fall.  If it falls, you have to get it out, with your teeth.  We take turns with the knife, slicing away the flour, until the fateful turn when it falls.

Here is the penny, will it fall the next turn?



It is so fun, but you get a mouth full of flour/saliva paste.





As a bonus, here is the vintage '80's Penny in the Flour shot.


2 comments:

Hollis Crapo said...

Did you ever see the pictures of the game of penny in the flour we played when I babysat your kids for the weekend. I will have to email them to you and you could update this post or something.

Maria Krieser said...

I don't know why, but I didn't play this game with my kids. I wish we had and now I'll have to save it for the grandkids someday. Our favorite fhe game (besides leading the music any way you wanted to and making everyone follow- fast, slow, loud soft) was Huckle Buckle Bean Stalk where you hide an item and everyone has to try and find it but not tell anyone they see it and just sit down and say "Huckle Buckle Bean Stalk."