Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Surprise!

This week we celebrated Julius's birthday.  If you want presents to be a surprise you should not let small children know what they are, no matter how much you tell them not to say anything.   
Harvey came out of the room where the presents were being wrapped and told J,  "Julius, you are getting a little pillow pet."  
Before that Mo told me, "Julius said he doesn't like trucks."  Later, I overheard him telling Julius, " Do your remember what trucks are, Julius?" Then he told me, " I was just reminding him what trucks are and that he likes them."  
After all the presents were wrapped, Mo picked up the wrapped magic microphone and tried to sing into it, then said, "It isn't working."
It is a good thing that Julius didn't realize that he was getting big hints as to what his presents were.

Julius opening his presents.


The Magic Microphone was everyones favorite.


The pillow pet was a hit!  In fact he told Heavenly Father all about it in his prayer the next day.


That evening we had family come over to celebrate.


Here is the birthday boy!




2 comments:

Neoma said...

I had to laugh at the "hints" you're kids told their brother about his presents. A few months ago Jason took Sam to buy me a birthday present. When they came home Sam ran upstairs and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you that we got you a big blue suitcase."

Maria Krieser said...

Your kids make me laugh. We had a magic microphone and it was really cool. I love those non-tech toys that stand the test of time!