Saturday, August 6, 2011

Green Chicken and Dumplings

I was at Costco the other day and stopped at the Vitamix demonstration.
I was impressed, he made lime sorbet with spinach, that you would never know was there.  
This got my little brain to thinking.  I am always trying to hide veggies in my kids food (most of them won't eat it if they can see it).  I have put grated zucchini in things for years.  This guy was making desserts and soups that were yummy and packed with fresh veggies.
I dragged Trip back the next day, to show him, and bought one.  Now, I am blending up veggies and putting them in even more things.  Only I have to pay more attention to the colors.  I blended kale and green onion and put in our chicken and dumplings.  It tasted great, but it wasn't very well hidden.  I loved it any way and I figure, if I keep at it, eventually, green won't faze them.


Here is another soup I have made.  Look at all those vegetables.  Normally I use fresh carrots but I was out, so I dumped in a can of mixed vegetables.  This was some of their favorite soup yet.  (Ok, only for O and R)


Here it is after.


This makes a yummy smoothie.




1 comment:

Maria Krieser said...

Ha Ha I've got you turned on the the green smoothies! I bought a cook book about hiding veggies in your food. I really should give it to you because I don't know that i need it now. It was on sale, so I got it. ;-) Come visit and remind me!