Friday, November 4, 2011

Accurate Service Appliance Repair

I am the daughter of an appliance repairman.  I grew up watching my dad fix things and I sometimes got to go to work with him, driving around in his appliance repair truck and going to people's houses.  He was the strongest man I knew, but that is another story.  When I was little I wanted to be an appliance repair woman.  My brothers all have worked with my dad and learned a thing or two about appliance repair, so I always let them take care of things.  But now, they all live out of state.

Our hot water heater went out yesterday.  I tried fixing it my self.  When things go wrong now, I look at it and see if I can figure out anything obvious.  I tried relighting the pilot light, it wouldn't stay on.  So, I called Whirlpool and the person on the phone walked me through some troubleshooting and narrowed it down to what he thought it was.  I needed a new thermocouple.  The part was still under warranty, so I was able to pick it up at Lowes for no cost.  I had some instructions on what to do, so I went down to fix the water heater.  I couldn't budge any of the nuts.  I was supposed to disconnect a certain wire, but it didn't have an obvious way to disconnect it and I didn't want to break it.  I decided I needed someone who knew what they were doing to replace it for me.

I called Nick at Accurate Service Appliance Repair at 425-885-6001.  He used to work with my dad.    My dad has passed away, but Nick is still repairing appliances.  He repairs all major appliances and is very reasonably priced.  He was able to come over within a few hours and replace the part for me.  Now we have hot water, my dad couldn't have done it better himself.

Thanks for your expertise, Nick!

1 comment:

Maria Krieser said...

Everytime something breaks down I miss Dad! Or when we need to buy new appliances, I just want a source I can trust to know which brand is most reliable and trouble free. I'm sure Nick is the next best thing! But nice to be raised with a can- do attitude and the wisdom to know when to ask for help.