Monday, January 14, 2013

Nursing is Great!

I don't think that I have fully appreciated nursing before.  But I am much more knowledgeable about calories and weight gain and loss now after my weight loss journey a year ago that got interrupted with becoming pregnant.  But I have gained that appreciation now.

I did not gain any weight over that holidays and I ate A LOT.  I didn't really loose any either, but I didn't gain and I think I should have gained at least 10 pounds.  I am thinking of this because Travis and I are tracking our food now.  We started on January 2nd.

With my other kids, when I was nursing, I was a bottomless pit.  But this time I don't feel so hungry.  I think it is a blessing from God.  I don't have a scale, but I do know that I have lost 3/4 of an inch off my waist and 1" off my hips in the first week.  And I am enjoying my food.  I am limiting what I eat, but I don't feel deprived.  Some days I just want to eat all day, but other days (most days) I can just eat my food and be completely content.

But I have a day about once a week that I disregard my calorie limit.  Today is one of those days.  I am typing this as I eat some of a Marie Callender's Chocolate Satin pie, that I unfortunately looked at the ingredients of it, but I have dismissed that bad news from my head to enjoy the chocolately deliciousness of it.  As I do, I am thinking of all the calories that my cute little baby sucks from me and not feeling guilty at all.  Tomorrow I will be back to a strict calorie intake, but tonight I will enjoy.

**Morning note.  Eating junk does not actually make you feel good.  Especially when you are used to eating healthy.  I feel full of junk!

1 comment:

Maria Krieser said...

Good for you! Glad you are eating healthy. When you get in the habit, it's true that a little of the bad stuff tastes so good, but doesn't make you feel very good, so you aren't as tempted the next time. Wish I had someone using some of my calories sometimes.