Monday, May 7, 2012

Mo Turns 8

When Mo woke up, he was greeted by siblings, very excited to show him something.


This is what he was looking at.  
The other kids had used legos to spell out Happy Birthday to him.  


Then he started opening his presents, a whole bucket of legos.


But wait, there is more...


A giant bin of legos.
(Some friends of ours had passed along their outgrown legos, Thanks.)


He also received a new bike helmet.


And some mustaches, 
because what 8 year old doesn't want a mustache for their birthday.


It looks good on him.


In fact we all had to try them on.


 There were only 6 in the package, so we had to take turns.


Then, he climbed back in bed (Daphne's bed) so he could have breakfast in bed.


Later we had cake.
He wanted it to look like an Easter Egg, like his cake his Aunt had made him last year.


But she has since moved out of state and I attempted to make the cake.  I discovered on Sunday morning when I was ready to decorate it that we didn't have any food coloring.  He got an undecorated egg for his cake.  He was a good sport and was just happy to have a cake.


Also turning 8, he got to join cub scouts.  He has been so excited to become a cub scout.


And he was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by his dad.
Here they are before.


Mo was so excited to be baptized that it was hard for him to sit still, well even harder than it usually is.  At the baptismal service, during the speaker before the actual baptism and he kept saying, "I already know that, I already know that."  He was so impatient. 
When it was finally time for his baptism, he and Trip went down into the font and he was baptized.  But his foot came up out of the water.  We believe in baptism by complete immersion, so it had to be done again.  This was about too much for him.  He could not hold still, he was bouncing around, hanging onto Trip's arm and lifting his feet off the ground.  He wouldn't listen, so Trip let go of him.  He splashed down into the water.  After a little talk, he had calmed down enough that they could perform the ordinance again.  This time he went completely under, Hurray!

I love that boy!

3 comments:

Hollis Crapo said...

That is hilarious!!!! His faces of surprise in the pictures are priceless. And i love the mustaches. I'm excited to show mine off when we get back. It is getting more impressive by the day, but I've found a lot of toddlers find it a little scary.
My favorite line was "I already know that. I already know that." Hee Hee Hee.

Carol said...

After reading this post, my eyes skimmed the labels and when they passed over "eight, legos," they read, "eight legs." Thinking about Mo in the font seemed to make perfect sense that it would be labeld "eight legs." he is an awesome kid!

Maria Krieser said...

This made me smile and laugh. Mo is my favorite! (I think that about each one of your kids at one time or another.) And I had a hard time thinking which of his aunts moved out of state last year. But when I remembered, I was like- duh who makes the best (decorated) cakes!