Friday, December 23, 2011

Sheep Costumes

I needed three sheep costumes for our nativity that we were involved in.  I had an idea and here is how it goes.

 I started with a plain black t-shirt (you could use white, but I had an abundance of black on hand) 


and some black cut off sweat pants.


I covered some small pillows with plastic trash bags and put the shirts and pants on them to fill them out a bit.  You can see below that I cut the shorts even shorter.


We used some 


since that is what was on sale at the store, but I could have used just regular batting.

We made it into balls,


Then we used spray glue


to spray one side


and put the balls onto the gluey clothes.


until they were really densely covered.  And repeated on the other side.


They were fluffy enough they stood on their own.


Here is how it turned out.


I did have to reglue a lot of the areas once we moved the costumes around, so make sure that you use lots of glue.  


2 comments:

Hollis Crapo said...

I love it. I probably would have just used paper, and then wrapped them around. I bet the little boys loved the fluffy clothes and probably smashed into each other.

Belkycita said...

Those are so cool!
I really like how they turned out, and I had no idea they made tacky glue on spray form, so awesome!